"If it's possible for you, it's possible for me, it's just a matter of how"
Leaders aren't born. They're sent to stepUP as teenagers. Be sure your teen benefits.
Some of Australia's biggest names in business, sport and the arts have come on board to support stepUP events, a unique 2-day event being in locations all around Australia, New Zealand and UK, aimed at educating and inspiring teenagers.
If your teenager is between 14 and 18 years of age they are invited to be part of the amazing two day event, where there will be anywhere from 300 to 1000 teens from all over the region who'll participate.
Supporting the event in video messages are Queensland Premier Peter Beattie, Australian advertising icon John Singleton, entrepreneur Dick Smith, radio giant Alan Jones plus a great line up of entrepreneurs, business people and sporting identities.
Previous speakers include:
Plus leading regular speakers such as:
- Olympic Gold Medalist, Natalie Cook
- World's Fastest Speed Skier and Para-Olympian, Michael Milton
- Justin Leppitsch, Brisbane Lions<
- Leading entrepreneur, Sarina Russo
- Michael Sheargold
- Entrepreneur – Founder of Real Estate Results Network.
- Topic: Anything really IS possible!
- Adam Thompson
- Solo Artist - also ex Leader Singer of Chocolate Starfish.
- Topic: Dreams, creativity & budgeting.
- Daniel Priestley
- Entrepreneur - Founder of multiple million dollar businesses at just 24.
- Topic: How to sell, pitch and win deals in the game of business and life.
- Ian Schubach
- Lion Expert and Author - think Crocodile Hunter but for Lions!
- Topic: Teamwork is THE key to survival in the jungle.
- Ryll Burgin
- Entrepreneur & Humanitarian - Founder of stepUP.
- Topic:Realising your dreams - working backwards to go forwards.
- Cynthia Morton
- Author - Emotional Fitness Founder - Emotional Fitness Foundation.
- Topic: Sharks & Dolphins - how to have your life work emotionally.
StepUP events are usually held during the school term and normally all the schools in the region are invited to attend - Our aim is to educate and excite teenagers about future possibilities in business and in life, by bringing these high profile, inspirational business leaders and teens together over two days of workshops, presentations and interactivity.
Teens will meet new people, work in teams of 5 to 10 with a Coach so they get individual attention and participate in a positive, fun, interesting and interactive learning event. They will be educated on the basics of business and, on what works in life. Plus, they'll have a truly great time, meet new teens from different areas. They will leave with a new view of what's possible, new skills and ideas to draw on, a sense of how it's up to them to create the life they dream about and a Certificate of Graduation for their resume.
stepUP Foundation is a non-profit organisation and stepUP events are a truly unique experience and an opportunity unlike any other for the lucky teens who attend. As a parent or Guardian we invite you to participate also as a Volunteer or a Coach.
Come and experience the differece that stepUP is commited to bring to your teenagers……
- stepUP is a two day event beginning at approximately 8.30am and finishes at 5pm on the first day. The second day begins at the same time but finishes a little later.
- The teens are divided into small groups and each group is assigned a coach who they work together with over the two days.
- The teens are supervised by “roving coaches” who are there to make sure that any needs that the teens may have are met.
- The teens are given morning tea, lunch, drinks, and afternoon tea.
- Irrespective of their backgrounds or success levels at school we see the teens as equals all with the potential to achieve whatever they set their minds to.
- They will experience working with adults who respect their opinions, challenge them as young adults to reach for their dreams, and who will be there for them as they move through the process.
“To all at stepUP, I would like to say thank you to all those who were involved with organising and running step up 2002. My son Timothy attended last week and has had nothing but praise for the way it was run. He has come home very motivated and keen to continue his study as well as being very satisfied with the way he was fed! He also asked us to buy him an investment property, as well as looking for a part-time job. Thank you again for running such a terrific program. He has already asked if he can go again next year."
Watch the Teens Video